It’s easy to run down do the store and pick up the cheapest computer thinking, this is all I need for what I do? Invariably we guarantee you won’t be happy some time and will end up frustrated with the performance of your system. Contact LogOn Computer Services or come into the store to talk to us about a purchase and we will help you decide what computer best fits your needs.
On our initial consultation we will try to determine the best options for you and your computer needs. Sometimes, upgrading to a new computer system is the best option for you, and LogOn will help make that upgrade process the best experience for you.
At this time, we do not repair mobile devices
Most repairs take 2-3 days to complete. There are times where repairs may take longer such as when parts have to be ordered. We strive to only use high quality parts and not use cheap, knock-off, low quality parts which will only fail in a short amount of time.
This is hard to answer until we have had a chance to fully evaluate the issues you are having with your computer and what it will take to bring it back to full working order. On our initial consultation with you, we will take the time to ask you about the problems you are having with your computer, then make an initial assessment of what needs to be done to make sure your computer performs as you expect it to. There are times when the final bill may be slightly higher due to unforeseen issues that surface during repairs. We will always contact you to authorize the additional work.
While LogOn Computer Services does offer on-site and remote support services, these are usually done for more routine repairs and check-ups and are charged on an hourly basis. Upgraded major services such as virus and malware removals, OS reinstalls and hardware upgrades require more time and more controlled procedures in controlled environments, with data protection always in mind.
Protection of your data is the first foremost at LogOn, As long as storage and data integrity are still in good shape, LogOn will always do a complete backup of your system and data. If there is an issue with the data, we will notify you and discuss the options you have to address this problem.
- Run a high quality virus/malware protection solution
- Run as a standard user and not as an administrator
- Ultimately, it comes down to behavior be mindful of the sources of your emails and websites you visit
- Ensure you are running behind both a software and a hardware firewall
- Keep all of your installed software updated 5)Never click on links in emails unless you are absolutely sure you the sender, even then view the address to make sure it’s legitimate 6)Change passwords frequently on all accounts
There are over 150,000 plus forms of viruses and malware released every single day. The most common ways they get into your system are:
- Downloads of software from illegal download sites
- Vulnerabilities in your currently installed software
- Clicking on malicious links in emails 4)visiting a compromised website